KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our growing team in Centennial, CO. You will be part of a talented team of developers who are working on estimating & budgeting module for a construction project management software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Guiding the team & organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices & values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team & organization & coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable & comfortable for the team & organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting & safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing & problem-solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, & conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal & external communication, improving transparency, & radiating information.
- Supporting & educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming & maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team & leading by example.
Required Skills & Experience
- 0-2 years of experience in a Scrum Master role.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master certification is required.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness & experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Excellent communication skills.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.