Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will help automate Oscar's infrastructure & underlying logic for core insurance functions. You will support developing, testing, & working across the organization to implement technical solutions with the rules that determine when & how core business operations function.
You will report to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Build/develop technical solutions/projects tied to important operations & strategic priorities.
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, analysis of root cause, developing technical tooling, & training.
- Surface data, process, & technology issues through identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations
- Identify approaches to debug technical issues
- Distill the requirements of new product & market expansions & design automated solutions to reduce manual work requirements.
- Apply an understanding of workflow documentation, SOPs & policies to inform design of technical enablers
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology & data models & its current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Manage relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- 1+ years experience in a technical role (QA analyst, PM, operations analyst, finance, consulting, or industrial engineering)
- Proficiency in SQL or similar database language
- Experience supporting process / workflow building, operational improvement, or project management
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- An academic or professional background in coding, math, statistics, or data science
- Startup experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.