The 1stdibs Product team is a highly collaborative team that creates buyer, seller, & internal product experiences for our users. We work in our office headquarters in Astor Place, New York City. As a multi-sided platform, the Product Team at 1stdibs is responsible for buyer & seller experiences across the web & app-based products, as well as a suite of web-based tools to support internal teams.
We are seeking a UX Researcher who will help teams understand user behaviors & needs by providing actionable insights that drive our business. A researcher at 1stdibs must be flexible, capable of adapting the right research methodology to fit the needs & constraints of a project while maintaining quality & rigor. The researcher will work with stakeholders to plan & execute research activities to support 1stdibs strategic initiatives & coach product teams in running discovery & usability activities.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with product owners to understand how research can support their work, set their strategy, & prioritize their roadmaps
- Identify the appropriate research methodology to answer different types of research questions (generative vs. evaluative)
- Scope & execute research using a variety of methods including discovery interviews, usability testing, & surveys
- Coach product teams on research best practices
- Screen & recruit research participants including scheduling & managing incentives
- Distill raw data, qualitative & quantitative, into actionable insights & opportunities
- Present research findings & insights across teams, disciplines, & stakeholders
- Use analytics tools to integrate user research insights & on-site behavior
- Support the evolution of user journeys & personas
What you'll bring
- Bachelors Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience as a UX researcher in a product environment
- Experience with qualitative research including recruiting for & moderating interviews
- Experience with quantitative research including building & analyzing surveys
- Capacity to present research activities & findings across disciplines
- Possess strong verbal, written & visual presentation skills with value placed on storytelling
- Passion for helping teams develop user empathy
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.