Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Concert is a publisher-led marketplace that offers high-fidelity advertising you can trust. Forged in partnership with NBCU, Concert is a truly safe marketplace for advertisers to build their brands, featuring top-of-the-line ad creative built in-house & nothing but prestigious, brand-safe, context. Offering turnkey solutions for branded content, mobile video, & high-impact display, a single campaign with Concert can reach 99% of millennials online.
The Operations Manager for Concert will be cross-functional, working closely with sales/account management, revenue/ad ops, publisher development, & finance teams to enable overall success of Concerts rapidly growing business. This person will be charged with driving best practices & operational consistencies with the goal of improving overall performance of the team.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires strong project management, data analysis, & strategic planning, while maintaining internal & external day-to-day executions.
What You'll Do:
- Provide sales support during the RFP phase to Vox sales & account management teams.
- Provide weekly reporting on ad product/sales performance, inventory capacity/forecasting, & other ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Be the go to expert on all inventory publisher partners, platforms, & activation points. Communicate to the larger revenue team
- Identify process bottlenecks & inefficiencies & help streamline the order to cash life cycle.
- Work closely with the following teams:
- Revenue Operations: Pricing & packaging of new Concert product offerings & updating internal systems (Operative/DFP/others).
- Revenue Product: Ideating & creating innovative ad formats
- Programmatic: Work to have Concerts custom ad units available via PG/PMP deals.
- Finance: Deliver EOM revenue reporting & assist with monthly revenue reconciliation process, investigate any discrepancies as needed
- Update process & guideline documentation & communicate changes to internal Vox teams.
- Be an expert on all Concert ad products & functionality of each.
What You'll Bring:
- 2-4 years in media, marketing or a related field
- Exceptional project management, collaboration, problem-solving, organizational, & analytical skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload & mediate a large volume of demands & requests
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize & organize work to meet deadlines, work effectively under pressure & within tight timelines
- Must be comfortable communicating at all levels from C-Suite to junior team members, with cross-functional teams & both internal & external stakeholders
- Smart & quick proactive learner with organizational agility
- Excel/spreadsheet proficiency required
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.