Proudly Farmers First!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation & technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network (FBN)!
FBN was created by farmers for farmers & is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce & community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability & sustainability of family farms & rural communities.
We are a dynamic, & innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation & benefits & is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek.
We are excited to add a Human Resource Coordinator to our growing HR team. A successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, detail oriented & able to think & act both strategically & independently. This position operates in a fast-paced environment & must be able to support FBN team members through effective communication & a solution focused approach.
This is a people-facing role where timely & accurate communications with employees is a must. Your role interfaces with employees beginning at offer extension & through all subsequent stages thereafter. You are joining a growing team & you will have the opportunity to help build programs & processes from the ground up.
The human resource coordinator provides assistance with & facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This position resolves benefits-related problems & ensures effective use of plans & positive employee relations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance & HRIS entry.
- Data entry to onboard new hires in HR & Payroll systems
- Assist with coordination of the FBN vehicle fleet program.
- Respond directly to employees with various questions (benefits, policies, etc.)
- Complete forms I-9, verify I-9 documentation in E-Verify & maintain I-9 files.
- Assist with new-employee background & MVR checks.
- Use spreadsheet skills to conduct audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs & recommend corrective action.
- Assist with processing of terminations.
- Maintain file documents in appropriate employee files.
- Process employee personal & employment changes
- Complete verification of employment
- Assist or prepare correspondence as requested.
- Follow standard operating procedures to maintain compliance with applicable federal, state, & local employment & benefits laws & regulations. Bring together data from multiple sources to create spreadsheet reports of HR data for HR, finance, benefits, L&D, & other teams as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field required.
- 1-2 years of relevant HR experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification preferred.
- Strong attention to detail & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral, & interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible & able to prioritize while working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds & interests.
Farmers Business Network is an equal opportunity employer & participates in U.S. Citizenship & Immigrations E-Verify program.