The Tock Finance team is looking for an Accounting Manager to manage our accounting operations. Your responsibilities will help scale our processes in a growing environment. You will identify areas of improvement but also take the initiative to establish & implement those changes.
This is a hybrid role based in Chicago & will report to Tock's Head of Finance.
Youll Get To
- Execute day-to-day accounting activities of the company including monthly close, accounts receivable, expenses, allocations & more
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate the close & reporting timelines; automate manual procedures & computations.
- Own the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit, statutory audits, & SOX audits & coordination with the external audit team.
- Develop key accounting processes to support a rapidly growing company in order to support the delivery of financial insights to drive informed executive decisions
- Maintain control documentation to provide auditable evidence of timely execution
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials
- Develop a detailed understanding of business processes & connect them with financial results
Who Were Looking For
- 7+ years of working experience within a large public accounting firm & industry experience (CPA required). Experience at a public company and/or with a saas based company a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP & accounting theory
- Experience with general ledger accounting, financial reporting, SOX compliance & monthly closing.
- Experience managing a small team, including providing coaching & development feedback
- Demonstrated experience with large cloud ERP systems
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, & 2022
- Awarded Americas Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, & more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, & events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, & culinary event organizers run their business & how guests explore, discover, & book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.