Director of Facilities, Field Operations
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming & on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors & content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind & body all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks & continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Provide expertise in areas of facilities, project management & preventative maintenance across the Field Operations business unit. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all local business requirements. Aid business units in actions to ensure safe building operations while maintaining costs through construction projects. The role is responsible for planning, managing, & leading Property Leads located in our Super Field Operations.
- Coordinates, creates, oversees and/or manages repair & preventive maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors & contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping & janitorial work. Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Implement, monitor, & control financial planning & analyze cost calculations & cost comparisons; ensure that monthly invoicing is processed as per agreed-upon timelines
- Partner with outsourced vendors to develop processes & procedures & improve organizational satisfaction through defined service-level agreements (SLAs) & KPIs
- Regularly interact with senior management & executive levels on matters relating to warehouse facilities
- Develop, modify, & enforce company policies that affect immediate operations & may also have company-wide effect
- Prepare & present project & program business justification, including the scope of work, budget requirements, ROI, ongoing real-time on-demand status updates, etc.
- Oversees all facets of the 3rd party utility provider. Identifying procurement opportunities in deregulated states & accurate energy collection data.
- Oversee all construction projects in warehouses. Obtains & reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, & labor for projects
- Participate in new lease acquisitions including all legal negotiations
- Aligns space plan & master plan with company long term strategies. Develops processes & tools to enhance rigor within space planning & space utilization & workplace strategies for a changing workforce.
- Assumes both an advisory, as well as a participatory role in connection with the companies emergency management, safety & environmental programs.
- Ensure all permits & business licenses are established & maintained
- Ensure all lease requirements are being adhered to
- 8+ years of experience working in a business or facilities-related role
- 5+ years of team management experience leading, motivating, & developing a team
- University degree or equivalent experience in the industry
- Solid experience building relationships with stakeholders, including vendors & broader business community; ability to persuade associates at all levels
- Motivated with the ability to work with little direct supervision in a fast-paced corporate environment while effectively managing time & tasks
- High level of budget management skills
- Space planning & utilization skills
- Great communicator & listener; experience presenting across all levels of an organization
- Solid troubleshooting mindset, creative problem-solving & time management skills, & the ability to make connections across complex ideas
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations