BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a project-based director to bring their creative & technical skills to our editorial video team. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the various departments working on an established mini series.
This is a freelance position, based in BuzzFeeds NY office. The Director will work with the in-house creative team & the production team to execute a mini series of an established BuzzFeed food show
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer & Production Team.
- Attend virtual tech scout, pre-pro meeting, & prep day in addition to shoot days.
- Collaborate with Executive Producer on shot list & creative execution of the show.
- Collaborate with the creative team & DP on gear needs from our in house equipment inventory.
- Follow all COVID-19 safety precautions.
- Lead creative direction at pace that aligns within limits of shooting schedule.
- Guide direction of talents recipe ideation & execution.
- Work with DP to create a visual style that aligns with past seasons.
- Work with 1st AC to make sure Media Logs are properly filled out & submitted with the footage.
- Work with production to keep set moving & make our shoot days while keeping culinary needs/timing in mind.
- Complete Edit Blueprints detailing creative notes from set for Post production handoff.
- 2+ years experience directing digital videos.
- Experience with digital food content, ideally with a comedic tone.
- Experience directing talent & working with a DP in the digital space.
- Experience troubleshooting creative solutions if on set limitations or changes arise.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of camera & lighting.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.