Galileo is a new practice combining an innovative approach to patient care with principles of hospitality to treat New York City's most underserved seniors.
Were looking for a Health Advocate who has a knack for problem-solving & strong ties to our community so we can better ensure an outstanding experience for all Galileo patients. Note that this is a full-time, non-remote position.
Heres what youll do:
- Receive training & skills with the opportunity to grow your career while helping patients in the local community
- Find creative solutions to help patients meet health goals & overcome social barriers
- Strengthen relationships within communities where Galileo provides care so that their needs can be swiftly understood & resolved
- Support patients across several modalities including video, phone, & in-person interactions. Galileo has robust Covid precautions in place including screening, PPE, & regular testing but this role does involve time in-person directly in the community & homes.
Wed love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Strong people skills, especially connecting with diverse individuals who have varying health conditions
- Creative problem-solving skills that can be leveraged to empower others
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to translate complex ideas into simple language
- Multilingual capabilities, ideally with fluency in Spanish
- Meaningful ties to New York City's diverse communities & an eagerness to effect positive change within it
- A "hospitality mindset" & track record of creating memorable experiences for customers, perhaps as a bartender, server / waitress / waiter, customer support representative or hotel concierge
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds & experiencesincluding but not limited togender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, & other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence & sound decision-makingone that is based on mutual respect & trust. We appreciate candidates who are open & honest about what theyre looking for so we can ensure its a fit on both sides.