Team / Role Description
Oktas Solution Engineering team plays a critical role in enabling Oktas growth by providing technical sales partnership during acquisition & retention of customers.
As a Manager of M&A Integration - Presales, you will be responsible for planning & executing successful M&A integrations for the Solution Engineering organization in close collaboration with other functional leaders from across the company. This highly visible role will act as the point person for all integration related activities with management of a small team to support you. In this capacity, you will own the integration plan & execution from end-to-end while proactively navigating challenges as they arise & providing mitigation plans to our leadership team. As a lead on this team, you will be responsible for helping to define & drive the execution of key metrics for integration success.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing solution engineering teams, as well as complex cross-functional projects while maintaining an efficient plan, tracking issues, & proactively communicating progress against project milestones. This person will also need to be adept at building close working relationships & quickly establishing personal credibility across an organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive end-to-end program management for Solution Engineering / 100-day roadmap (for both people & product related dimensions)
- Support development of GTM strategy for acquired companies & help operationalize said strategies across the Solution Engineering organization
- Coordinate + lead cross-functional meetings. Document + communicate decisions / actions
- Own tracking / reporting of integration activity related to the Solution Engineering organization during M&A integration phase.
- Monitor program status & rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders & proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Develop M&A best practices, playbooks, & process improvements
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis for strategic planning & integration efforts
- Experience with new product introduction (NPI), SaaS product launches, and/or go-to-market strategy development preferred.
Required Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of Presales / Solution Engineering experience with practical expertise in enterprise software / SaaS industry
- 3+ years of management experiences leading Solution Engineering teams.
- Demonstrated experience designing & leading complex, cross-functional initiatives. M&A-specific experience a major plus
- Track record of building trusted relationships & influencing others (esp. exec audiences)
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills across all levels of an organization
- Self-starter who can multitask & thrive in fast-paced / ambiguous environments
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies & domains
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Bachelors degree required. MBA / advanced degrees a plus
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.