Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Global Head of Design at Visa, this newly created design leadership role is responsible for partnering with design, product, innovation, & consulting stakeholders across the organization to spear-head a client-facing consultative design practice at Visa. As the Head of Design Agency Services, this inspirational leader will be a passionate champion for customer experience & maintain a nuanced understanding of industry leading digital payment & commerce trends. The role is responsible for promoting the value of design, user experience, & Visa capabilities in order to engage stakeholder, define engagements, & deliver industry-leading innovative product design outcomes for Visa & our clients (Fortune 500). This individual will be a key member of Visa's global design leadership team.
The Head of Agency Design Services will develop, lead, & drive a dynamic & diverse team of designers, effectively engaging cross-functional partners to grow our client's businesses through a B2B2C lens. This individual will establish a scalable, high-impact client engagement model, from initial research & discovery, hands-on design & prototyping, client workshopping & on to final deliverable creation & delivery. In addition to producing flawless, delightful, & differentiated experiences across platforms & devices, this role is responsible for creating alignment, focus, & accountability between a diverse group of internal & external stakeholders (including c-suite partners) through the engagement lifecycle to ensure maximum value is generated for all involved.
- Establish & lead a strategic operating model for Visa's client facing consultative design practice
- Lead & manage all agency related activities with an emphasis on quality, timeliness, & expert solutions in alignment with broader organizational strategy
- Deliver client-facing design sprints with best-in-class outcomes in the areas of UX design, design strategy, co-creations, rapid prototyping, research, validation, strategy, service design, repeatable product plays, videos, presentations, etc.
- Provide strategic design support for Visa client RFPs & SOWs that drive consulting & design services revenue, & support experiential design activations for client tours, & occasional internal design needs as required
- Develop strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the company, including regional business leadership, accounts teams, core product, go-to-market, & design operations in order to effectively deliver against goals
- Maintain a well-informed position on Visa's products, platforms, & services in order to expertly increase client awareness of relevant capabilities in partnership with regional product teams
- Champion a design culture that raises the bar on performance, expectations, & outcomes to deliver outsized impact to clients & to Visa
- Help establish Visa's position as the industry-leader in product & experience design within the payment industry by developing externally facing case studies & experience design trend thought leadership content
- This role will be managing bi-costal teams in San Francisco & NY, travel is required as needed
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MFA/MBA) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Masters/MFA/MBA preferred
- 15+ years experience , with minimum 8+ years in a leadership role at an agency or other consultative design practice
- Master facilitator with c-suite experience, demonstrating excellence in presentation polish, strong client orientation, & ability to train others in the same
- Proven leadership skills in developing & mentoring a world class client-facing design team, & a track record of motivating teams to deliver against strategic business & product design goals
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with deep confidence in craft coupled with humility & openness to trying new approaches
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail with the ability to prioritize & manage multiple high-visibility projects
- Fluent across the entire spectrum of Design - design thinking/human-centered design, design research, service design, prototyping, UI/UX, & design delivery.
- Expert in key design software & prototyping (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision,) & proficiency in HTML/JS/CSS, video, & product management tools a plus
- Payment industry experience required
- Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hoursand occasional regional calls as needed.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work as needed up to 50% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law