Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart, always striving for our products to enable anyone to tell their story to the world beautifully. The UX Content Strategy team is looking for a seasoned UX Content Strategist who also has a great knack for marketing content. The UX Content Strategist would own content across Squarespace.com, from tour pages to contextual help, from navigation hierarchy to page structures. We're looking for an evangelist who can use words to design intelligent, accessible, & friendly user experiences.
You enjoy working through the minutiae of complex problems. You love process, but also know when you just need to get a job done. You enjoy working with introverts & strong personalities, technical & detail-oriented people, as well as big thinkers & creative types. You love to collaborate, harnessing feedback from senior-level stakeholders, providing solutions that match their intent, & align everyone to push us forward. You can handle multiple projects with ease, & know how to manage your time & prioritize your projects. You take initiative & feel a strong sense of ownershipnot just for your work, but for the quality of all our products. And, you dont need all the details to get started.
Youll be involved throughout the process for many user-facing projects in the product organization. Your go-to team consists of product designers, product managers, engineers, marketing, & more. Your role stretches across an equally diverse range of departments, including Product Marketing, Product Design, Brand Design, & Brand Strategy. This role will report into the UX Content Strategy manager at our New York office.
- Write & maintain UI copy & product/service page content across Squarespace.com
- Partner with technical, brand, & marketing writers, strategists, & managers to connect messaging with our overall voice & objectives
- Work with product designers, product marketing, brand strategy, SEO, & other teams on wireframes, prototypes, & concepts
- Deliver polished content to other team members
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities & constraints of the systems with which youll be working
- Advocate for language in product design
- At least 6+ years of combined experience in UX content strategy & in writing marketing-foccused copy for global, consumer-facing products
- Deep awareness of UX & how copy & design work together
- Passionate about consistency & details
- Experience working on product content that incorporates both visual & written elements
- Experience in creating content for international audiences
- Ability to ask probing questions to & give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design could be better
- Ability to work through ambiguity & competing priorities
- Experience preparing source language for localization
- Experience using tools like Figma, or similar
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, creating different types of UI & marketing copy, & solving real user problems through words.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.