The front page of the internet," Reddit brings millions & millions of people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to lead our Data Science horizontal on Experimentation & to partner with our Engineering team to drive & implement the vision of Experimentation at Reddit.
Our Experimentation Platform has been used by our Product & Engineering teams to run thousands of experiments in order to ensure that we fully understand our users & create the best possible experiences, as well as to roll out thousands of features in a safe, appropriate way. In 2021, we have rapidly scaled our Experimentation team & are quickly turning the platform into a world-class framework, capable of even greater scale & effectiveness.
As the Data Science Manager for Experimentation you will lead a small but growing team & will be pivotal in driving company-wide innovation & rigor, shaping our metrics strategy, & building a strong experimentation culture. The opportunity for impact will be great as you enhance the success & understanding of our products across our diverse & growing user base.
How Youll Have Impact:
Reddits mission is to bring community & belonging to everyone in the world, & you will be pivotal in making that happen. As the 6th largest site on the internet Reddit has a dramatic scale but at 1000+ employees you wont be stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. You will create organization-wide capabilities to run more advanced experiments & create publication quality research, leverage complex testing & optimization algorithms to grow revenue, & produce more robust results faster to help teams increase their velocity & effectiveness.
What Youll Learn:
You will partner closely with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Engineering, & Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making & product creation. In particular, youll be exposed to & drive adoption of a variety of new techniques in modeling, experimentation, statistical frameworks, & causal inference.
What Youll Do:
- Be the main point of contact for Data Science / statistics of experimentation, creating & implementing the roadmap for the stats engine of Reddits Experimentation Platform, providing guidance on experiment design, analysis, & metrics
- Apply modeling (advanced statistical methods, machine learning) to improve the accuracy of our experimental results (e.g. variance reduction techniques such as CUPED)
- Be responsible for platform-wide Data Science process & analyses, defining company-wide experiment processes (delegation of authority when certain metrics are impacted, etc.), communicating good experimentation best practices & setting the standard for experiment design for the entire organization
- Ensure high-quality & trustworthy experiment results & ensure that experimental designs lead to action
- Collaborate with multiple engineers/product teams across the whole company to find technical solutions to complex experiment design challenges
- Develop & adopt statistical methods that help Reddit teams better measure their feature areas
- Perform meta-analysis on experiments to understand macro trends in our product ecosystem & to understand the health of experiments for the company as a whole
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative or data science roles, preferably for a consumer-facing service/app
- 1+ years of experience focused on experiment design and/or A/B testing
- Demonstrated application of the statistical underpinnings of experimentation: hypothesis testing, p-values, causal inference, etc.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis & programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with querying relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer & business focus
- Entrepreneurial & self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate & bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate & discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous & undefined problems
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.