THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion & are always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
As a Graphic Designer at Blue Apron, you report to the Design Director, conceptualizing & executing campaigns that align with our brand identity while driving desired customer behaviors & propelling our creative vision forward. You will need to be hardworking, passionate, creative, & strategically-minded in this role. With this role, you will have the opportunity to help define & grow our brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 4-6 years of graphic design experience
- Experience creating visually compelling branded marketing & advertising collateral for our email campaigns, website, printed materials, digital advertising, & internal communications
- A portfolio with compelling 360 campaigns, including digital & print platforms
- Experience bringing products to life & engaging audiences through visual storytelling
- Examples of work demonstrating strong typography & color usage, carrying out brand standards across all media
- Demonstrated ability to creatively concept both independently & with a team, from the sketch phase to execution, to communicate & present your ideas to internal stakeholders
- Ability to take key art from a larger campaign concept & execute that vision across all print & digital components of a campaign
- Commitment to approaching projects & team members with a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment & culture
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, stay organized, manage a large volume of files, keeping your own workload on track, & reaching out to key team members as needed to keep projects moving
- Keep the Design Director informed of status & pertinent roadblocks while approaching challenges with solution-oriented thinking
- Ability to work with other brand designers & product design teams to employ visual consistency across all consumer touchpoints
- Personal passion & interest in food a strong plus
- Must provide a link to a portfolio or PDF of relevant work samples to be considered
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.