Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
Complex Networks is looking for a Senior Talent Booker. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of both mainstream & niche pop culture, & be hungry to compete against the biggest celebrity interview shows across all platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have experience booking relevant celebrity, sports, music, & expert talent
- Track all talent-related documents including but not limited to contracts, releases, & payment documents
- Assist in talent discovery
- Build & maintain professional relationships with internal talent while serving as a point for all talent needs, requests, 3rd party-branded opportunities
- Work with legal to confirm completion of confidential memos, correspondence, notes
- Work with video production teams to confirm talent logistics for shoots
- Work on branded talent campaigns & branded programming
- Research/suggest relevant talent for programming, campaigns, & host opportunities
- Coordinate business & talent travel, including trip logistics & itinerary, meeting coordination, & remote support
- Compile & submit travel & expense reports
- Schedule & set up conference calls, teleconferences, & web-based meeting
- Attend industry events & talent meetings outside of normal work hours
- Interact with a wide variety of internal & external clients & contacts
- Establish best practices for Complex brands seeking & interfacing with celebrity talent
- Work with the talent to seek out major third-party opportunities that complement and/or enhance the Complex Networks brand
- Update talent database ensuring all contact information for talent, agents, managers, & lawyers is always current
- BA or BS Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in talent relations & talent booking
- Experience managing needs of celebrity-level talent & ability to stay calm while handling difficult situations
- Strong understanding of the Complex Network brand & audience
- Database of industry contacts across verticals
- A solid understanding of all social platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Clubhouse, Twitch, TikTok, Live Audio platforms, etc.
- Experience with making decks & slides pegged to internal & external projects
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, administrative, critical reasoning, & problem-solving abilities
- Strong influence, negotiation skills, & knowledge of talent contractual terms
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize & multi-task, & work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Work with integrity & honesty
- Superior interpersonal skills & ability to interact & work with staff at all levels
- Willingness to take initiative & to follow through on projects
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Work independently & in a team environment
- Ability to travel & work outside of standard business hours
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.