BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed.com is looking for a resourceful & data-driven strategist to join BuzzFeeds Audience Development team. This role will be responsible for managing & optimizing the publishing slate for BuzzFeed.com, focus on data labeling projects for BuzzFeed.com content & work closely with Site Operations lead & Product/CMS teams to ensure tagging & data labeling projects are successful & meet internal & external platform standards.
- Manage & oversee publishing, sectioning, & tagging for all BuzzFeed.com posts in our CMS
- Analyze metrics related to traffic & output & adjust publishing plan based on insights, homepage context mix & site publishing gaps
- Develop a data-driven understanding of BuzzFeed.com content categories, formats, & sections & develop tactics to make content successful
- Liaise with writers, editors, & editorial leadership around site programming
- Compile thoughtful post-mortem analyses & identify areas for optimization
- Work closely with Product specialists, Audience Development & Editorial leads on tagging projects from inception to delivery
- Write/review tagging training guidelines when necessary, be the go to resource for editorial team on tagging & site publishing
- Continually identify opportunities for improvements & propose solutions to make site publishing & tagging processes more efficient
- A deep passion for editorial content & the ability to excel in a fast-paced digital publishing environment
- 1-2 years of experience working at a website or in digital media
- Attention to detail & ability to manage multiple areas of priority
- Self motivated & eager to learn internal & external data tools & systems
- Highly collaborative, highly organized & a solutions-oriented team player
- Ability to work on deadline & handle multiple tasks at once with a precise & detail-oriented approach
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.