Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum.Guardant Healthhas launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients & LUNAR assay for research use & for use in prospective clinical trials. In parallel,Guardant Healthis actively exploring the performance of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening & early detection in asymptomatic individuals.
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound.
As a Research Associate supporting LUNAR IVD, you will work within the team as well as collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, quality control, & regulatory affairs. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible team member who learns quickly, enjoys multi-tasking & most importantly, has an interest in our company & our products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Run sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment
- Support the writing of protocols & reports for FDA submissions
- Log & track research samples throughout sequencing workflow
- Maintain appropriate inventory of lab supplies
- Bring a can do attitude to solve new & challenging problems in a high pace environment
- Analyze data & troubleshoot issues within the tech dev team & among other teams
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams
- Be able to present updates, write reports & SOPs, & contribute to technical discussions
- Professional hands-on experience in industrial setting in genomics field
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Hands-on experience in running sequencing platforms & assays is a plus
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation is a plus
- Curiosity & drive
- Sense of humor is a must
- BSc +8 years of industry experience, or MS + 6 years of industry experience, in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field, with preference for education & industry experience in genomics or molecular biology developing & validating genomic assays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.