Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to join our growing Storefront Engineering Mobile Team in New York. Youd be hard pressed to find another more productive team at our company, since the millions of people who have downloaded our app are our most engaged & valuable customers. Therefore, most of our business is done via mobile phones, & Rue Gilt Groupe is invested in making our mobile experience the forefront of our product development.
Long viewed as a pioneer in the web & app UX space, we now seek to revolutionize e-commerce by supporting a Mobile First Philosophy. Theres no better time to be involved in the technical advancement of e-commerce at Rue Gilt Groupe, with the full support of our company behind providing the most engaging & best of breed mobile apps.
In this role you will
- Work alongside a cross functional team to help build new features & maintain our existing Android applications available on the Google Play Store.
- Work alongside the current Android engineers to maintain & build new features for a Native Android application built using Java & Kotlin.
- Implement new features & User Experiences into our codebase using the latest development practices for Android.
- Work on a cross functional team that includes iOS, Web, QA, & Product experts.
- Drive implementations around AB test which determines the future look & feel of the Rue & Gilt applications.
- Help prepare frequent releases for the Google Play store.
- Be empowered to promote innovation throughout our platforms.
- Work within & alongside a positive & committed team to new & engaging features within the ecommerce ecosystem.
- Collaborate & promote new ideas utilizing all that Android has to offer.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Storefront Engineering Team at Rue Gilt Groupe has four vertical project teams (Product Catalog, BeMo, Pathfinder, Royale) that work on various work streams that transform our firms top private sale e-commerce destinations: Rue La La, Gilt, Gilt City, & SIMON Shop Premium Outlets. Rue Gilt Groupe Storefront Engineering Team transforms our user experience & drives $1 Billion annual sales & in delighting 35 Million+ members. Rue Gilt Groupe employs leading-edge technologies & specialized experts in product design & development, data analytics, & customer delivery to provide best-in-class experience.
- Bachelors Degree desired, but not required
- 3+ Years of Android experience (Java and/or Kotlin)
- Understanding of common mobile architecture patterns such as MVP & MVVM
- Passion for developing products with a great user experience
- Write code that is readable & testable.
- Strong understanding of the Android lifecycle
- Familiarity with working with a dedicated QA team & maintaining ownership of your code through production
- USA Based
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills to interact with internal & external stakeholder while working in a collaborative team environment
Location: Preference for Boston based candidates, but open to hiring in New York, Chicago, Toronto, & Atlanta locations. USA based candidate remote flexibility.
Nice to have skills
- Full-stack skills: our engineers are well rounded & not afraid of technical challenges wherever they lie.
- Experience in CI pipeline to enhance & improve testing & the release of the app.
- E-commerce/consumer facing app development.
- Experience in writing clear documentation for the code & the architecture.
- Experience in using SwiftUI.
Rue Gilt Groupes Technology Department is an integral part of the companys strategy to develop new content & offerings that deliver superior value & sustained impact. Rue Gilt Groupes technology is responsible for the full lifecycle of proprietary data & software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, go-to-market, & ongoing support operations.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men & children's apparel & accessories to home dcor & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other