At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
As part of our Retail Operations team, youll be building more than your traditional retail location -- youll be bringing the closet in the cloud to life. We are giving women access to the closet of her dreams & a physical manifestation of the RTR brand. Youll be working with the Sr. Director of Retail to ensure that our current locations in NYC, DC, Chicago, SF, & LA, are able to scale as our company continues to grow & also work on any future expansion.
About the Job:
You will be responsible for cross-functional, data-driven project management & execution of strategic initiatives across RTR Local. In addition to monitoring day-to-day performance of these efforts, this role will also identify areas of future opportunity & trends in the business. Youll work with store leaders to create an environment of operational excellence & ongoing process improvement across our physical locations. You will lead the execution of high priority initiatives & projects, working with the Sr. Director of Retail & VP, CX & Retail to set the roadmap for these initiatives. These projects will range in size & scope, but will all align to creating operational efficiencies & incredible customer experiences. This is an exciting area that requires high energy, strong project management, excellent communication, & collaborative skills. This role is a mix of operations, marketing, analytics, planning, & strategy. No two days will be the same in this role; were looking for someone who is flexible, resilient, & adaptable to changing priorities.
What Youll Do:
- Lead regular operating cadence with all store employees & create documentation for all store processes
- Work cross-functionally, with both Retail peers (Store Leaders, Training, Visual Merchandising) & other internal stakeholders (Community, Transportation, etc.)
- Work with Sr. Director, Retail to manage operating expenses across all stores
- Aggregating store performance metrics & analyzing trends, preparing regular updates for the executive team & looking for areas of improvement
- Conducting real estate surveys & location analyses for local network as needed, partnering with other Local team members
- Supporting marketing initiatives, including community & local events calendars
- Gather & prepare competitive intelligence briefs
- Conduct special projects & ad hoc analysis as needed
- Work with Retail product & engineering team to assess technology needs to better scale our in-store experience
- You are curious & comfortable working with data to track success
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, ongoing learning, & testing new ideas
- You have 3+ years of experience in an operationally focused role, preferably in retail or fulfillment
- Youre an excellent communicator, across all levels & mediums
- You have a strong background in customer-centric roles
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!