Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience.
We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the Application Framework Test Engineer is to update & execute the manual & automated testing efforts for assigned projects to ensure projects meet the quality standards set by product owners. The Application Framework Test Engineer will focus on analyzing requirements, developing & testing sample applications, & creating & maintaining manual & automated test cases in line with ongoing agile development. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter & able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product teams, key stakeholders & developers
- Create & test sample apps & experiences using the application framework to provide end-user testing of APIs
- Support overall engineering & architecture effort of the software group from a quality perspective
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality test scripts
- Develop / Test & Run manual & automated tests on daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements
- Investigate, troubleshoot & verify software defects & other technical issues
- Build, maintain & test apps to continually prove the effectiveness & quality of the application framework
- Analyze & report on test progress, status & performance metrics
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on development in C++ development
- 2+ years of React Native experience & mobile specific development experience (iOS, Android, hybrid platforms)
- 5+ years proficient experience working on software products in QA / Automation related testing
- Experience with testing SDKs, APIs & applications on embedded devices
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, test management tools, & defect tracking tools
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, automated testing & reporting
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Google C++ Test Framework (GTest) & Google C++ Mocking Framework (GMock) is a plus
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, manual & automated testing, & reporting
- Experience with mobile software development and, testing & developing custom / sample applications in an embedded system
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging & troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral & written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic & can do attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.