BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
We are looking for a dynamic & highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver who will take ownership of critical accounting tasks. The Staff Accountant will support the accounting department in month-end close process, monthly reconciliation, year-end audit & ad hoc reporting requests.
- Perform day to day accounting duties including recording cash, payroll, fixed assets & other duties as assigned
- Own & maintain schedules for royalty reporting & payment along with ensuring proper expense recognition.
- Assist with the monthly financial close, including entering journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, & maintaining supporting schedules.
- Assist with year-end audit, including compiling requested information & preparation of various analysis reports
- Work closely with cross functional
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience, public experience preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP. CPA a plus
- High degree of comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize & multitask.
- A self-starter & team player
- Strong verbal & written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with team & cross functionally.
- ERP experience, Netsuit is a plus