Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. We help companies of all sizes & the apps they develop scale fast, survive anything, & thrive everywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database & to make data easy. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
We are looking for a Head of Corporate Communications to join the Marketing team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer & work closely with stakeholders across the company to tell the company story wide & loud to strengthen the reputation of the company. You will be responsible for three specific pillars of the companys marketing - Press Relations, Analyst Programs, & Customer Stories. In this role, you will be responsible for developing & executing a sophisticated strategy to drive key results in each of those areas of focus.
- Plan effective PR & AR programs, & execute on the determined strategies leveraging internal resources & outside agencies
- Drive continued positive coverage through both evergreen campaigns & larger company announcements
- Plan & manage analyst advisory sessions, from briefings to full advisory days
- Steadily improve our reputation with the top advisory firms in our category
- Identify analyst targets, keep track of their perception of Cockroach Labs, & develop a strategy to positively influence this perception for each
- Collaborate closely with the Revenue to understand who we win with, what they are doing with our product, & how that has impacted their success, using this insight toell these customer stories through both public & blinded case studies
- Determine what customers can be Cockroach Labs advocates & drive their engagement & commitment to this topic
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in marketing communications and/or public relations
- Experience working with complex enterprise software
- Former agency experience a plus
- Direct experience collaborating with high performing sales organizations, & the ability to tell their customer story
- A deep understanding of media, analyst & influencer relationships
- A track record of success in fast paced, high growth environments
- An entrepreneurial & resourceful mindset & a desire to lead by doing
- The ability to communicate in an effective & engaging way across a variety of audiences including executives, analysts, media, & internal stakeholders
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects & requests simultaneously.
Reporting to Peter Guagenti, Chief Marketing Officer
Born & raised in New York City, Peter has spent the last 20+ years in the Bay Area & has spent his entire adult life working in technology. He started as a founder of his own digital agency in the mid-90's, progressing to executive roles in both management consulting & agencies, before moving on to help build multiple successful open source software companies. He is passionate about building businesses, helping others create amazing things with technology, & having whatever positive impact he can on the world.
When he is not at work, you can usually find Peter out hiking with his two daughters, or traveling the world with his partner. He is also a car nut & avid racer & has competed in & won numerous road racing & rallying events across North America.
- 100% health insurance option (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning & Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.