Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising system in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. Building & selling great advertising software that were proud of is the absolute heart of our mission.
At our transaction volumes we regularly deal with scaling challenges as our tech grows & evolves. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs & carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant & thoughtfully designed APIs to make the systems accessible to both our team & our customers.
Our Serving Team owns the core C++ ad server & its supporting system. These are at the heart of our business. This is a high performance & highly scalable system handling 1.5 million queries per second at peak & responding within 20ms. The team is rapidly growing mix of junior & senior engineers & is iterating on the server infrastructure as well as creating new features.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You love the people challenge of building a high performing team - meaning recruiting, inspiring & developing your team members
- You view your role as supporting the team rather than managing or running it
- You are enthusiastic about developing efficient processes for the team
- You enjoy the occasional bee pun
- You operate well in the unknown & aren't afraid to take risks & learn from your mistakes
- You champion engineering & operational excellence, establishing metrics & process for regular assessment & improvement
- You have an ethic of service & focus on making customer driven decisions
Ideal candidates will have:
- 7+ years of engineering experience & 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Significant experience with low latency & high performance systems
- Experience with modern C++ & distributed system architecture
- Experience recruiting engineers, growing your team & mentoring junior engineers