BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking a creative & energetic communicator with strong writing skills to join its Communications team. The Publicist will join the Global Communications team that supports all divisions of BuzzFeed, & will be focused on extending the reach & impact of BuzzFeed Content including BuzzFeed.com, BuzzFeed Video, BuzzFeed Studios, in addition to supporting Internal Communications.
Partnership with BuzzFeed Content leaders, editors & producers is an integral part of this job & will include strategic collaboration with stakeholders on promotion of content on BuzzFeeds site & apps, as well as YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter & TikTok. The Publicist will research & pitch story ideas, execute thought leadership, & develop written materials including messaging briefs, decks & keynotes, press targets & more. This job will also include editorial publicity for BuzzFeed Studios which has ongoing partnerships with Lionsgate & UTV & an expanding slate of content for television, film, streaming & digital platforms.
This team member will also support strategic Internal Communications & Culture initiatives, which includes bringing BuzzFeeds core values of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging to life through all communications.
We are looking for a self-starter who can create actionable ideas, effectively communicate priorities, & present clear goals to stakeholders. The Publicist should be someone who is inspired by what BuzzFeed produces every day, loves media relations & thrives in a fast-paced environment.The role can be based in Los Angeles or New York and will report to BuzzFeeds Director of Communications, & work in tandem with the broader communications team.
- Collaborate with all Communications team members on projects across the company including BuzzFeed.com, BuzzFeed Video, Tasty, Cocoa Butter, Goodful, Nifty, BuzzFeed Studios, Internal Communications & Culture
- Partner with Content leaders, editors & producers to develop strategic communications to best position & amplify their work
- Write press materials including pitches, press releases & messaging points
- Foster & grow strong media relationships across a variety of beats
- Research & coordinate external speaking engagements & thought leadership
- Identify & help amplify BuzzFeed content & leaders
- Support internal communications programs including biweekly Global All Hands, employee engagement programs & client meetings
- Coordinate logistics for BuzzFeed events & BuzzFeed talent, both virtual & in-person, including VidCon, Comic-Con, SXSW & more
- Design press kits, one-sheets, keynotes, decks & more as needed
- Build out press lists around various projects & topics, & manage existing media lists
- Help track press coverage & BuzzFeed media mentions across print, digital & broadcast for daily & weekly internal reports
- Create & execute award submissions
- 2-3 years of PR experience in the media or tech industry, know the space (tell us what you read & where you get your news!), & have an excellent understanding of the media & lifestyle landscape
- Proven writing skills from releases to bios & the ability to write tight & informative communications for a range of voices & audiences
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines, lead projects, & handle confidential or time-sensitive scenarios
- Demonstrated success securing media coverage across digital, print & broadcast outlets with the ability to be strategic & creative when it comes to positioning BuzzFeed
- Excellent organization & communication skills
- Digital design and/or Adobe Photoshop experience
- Collaborative & energetic spirit
- Passion for the media industry, digging into trends, & an affinity for content creation in entertainment, lifestyle, news & food spaces
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.