Do you open doors for strangers or offer your seat on the subway to someone who needs it?
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC & the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. Our user base is growing like crazy, & we need a few extra hands on deck to keep our users happy!
Were looking for an extremely organized, self-motivated, & hardworking individual who genuinely loves helping others. Our ideal candidate will have excellent phone & email demeanor, superior research skills, & will be able to juggle working on multiple projects simultaneously. If you love making other peoples lives easier, then this is the role for you.
As our Customer Experience Associate, youll be on the frontline to help us understand how we can improve all aspects of our product & service, as well as help us to build out processes to streamline & share customer insights with our Product team. A typical day will include responding to user inquiries via phone, email, live chat, & social media, researching & updating our partnership databases, helping to connect users to reputable moving companies, brainstorming proactive customer engagement campaigns, & more. Best yet, youll work alongside an extremely dedicated & motivated team thats truly dedicated to your success.
What You'll Be Doing
- Resolving customer issues via phone, email, live chat, & social media
- Working closely with our Customer Experience Manager to identify & track common issues, questions, & feedback from our users
- Managing & building relationships with our partners to ensure all account updates go through seamlessly
- Providing meaningful feedback to the Product & Engineering team to help improve the UI & performance of the application
- Thinking on your feet to devise creative solutions to any & all problems that arise
- Serving as a member of our awesome Utilities Taskforce which is dedicated to researching utilities across the United States
- Gathering & analyzing data about our various customer segments & engagement metrics for each
- And much more!
What We Expect From You
- You have at least 1-2 years of relevant CS experience at a high-growth startup
- Youre passionate about customer service & making things right
- You are comfortable using a support ticketing system (Desk, Zendesk, Freshdesk)
- You excel at managing competing priorities & deadlines
- Youre willing to working weekend or holiday coverage, as needed
- Youre extremely detail oriented & have excellent written & communication skills
- You have SQL experience (preferred but not required)
- Youve moved at least once in your life & dream of a world where moving doesnt suck
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts & records, forward mail, & much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater was named a top 100 Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC twice & was ranked as the highest rated tech company on the list in 2016. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.