What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
- Run statistical analyses & data mining to inform marketing decisions & help us understand our customers
- Build data flows & pipelines to automate analyses & turn them into products
- Improve the accessibility & organization of customer data
- Collaborate with data engineering to understand all data flows, build new flows as needed & create appropriate data dictionaries for business users
- Simplify complex raw data into user friendly explores, looks, & dashboards for audiences across the organization
- Perform deep, complex ad-hoc data & analysis requests
What we're looking for:
- BA or BS Degree in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of work experience in Marketing Analytics
- Excellent statistical analysis & modeling skills
- Fluency in SQL (Redshift experience preferred)
- Strong data modeling & transformation skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases
- Expertise in LookML & Looker
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with AWS & Redshift
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the Day?
Our Pizza Philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom & pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza, connect to your community, & live your best slice life.