As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You may have noticed that payment has become a very active/hot area in the last several years. Given the strong demands & innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, & is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform Department is in the center for many of these technologies & development.
The Data Platform (DP) department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched & valuable ecosystem of data platform & data services that drive innovation for our partners & clients, within Visa & globally. Data is the most value asset in Visa. The Data Platform department is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning & Big Data), systems & services to make data secure, rich, high quality, & fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective & timely manner to maximize technology/business development & differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The group maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business & external clients.
The Data Platform Technical Production Management (TPM) team is responsible on defining the next generation of Visa Data Platform including the Data Platform as a Service (PaaS) layer & Data as a Service (DaaS) layer. To do this, the Principle TPM needs to understand the company needs on data/data platform & make sure that our PaaS & DaaS can serve these needs properly. This position will report to the Head of Technical Product Management for the Data Platform department.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background in cloud, big data, large scale platforms, Machine Learning, etc., is thought leader, is very familiar with the up to date development of the industry in these areas, have exceptional organizational skills, written & verbal communication skills, be an analytical & structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management & software solution delivery. The position will be based in Palo Alto office.
- Deeply understand the needs on data of Visa. Drive requirements & strategy for data collection, processing, publishing, & serving within Visa. Key contributor to help drive the strategy for our centralized software platforms for processing, managing, & serving data to the entire company
- Keep track of the industry development status of PaaS & DaaS. Evaluate new product opportunities & bring forward proposals to expand our product line
- Key contributor to defining the strategy of data platform by partnering with other leaders in the DP org
- Define the DP product roadmap by partnering with other leaders in DP & keep it up to date while the needs from the company evolves, the industry evolves, & our development makes progress
- Define products & services including the scope & prioritization of features of DP in an agile way while the needs & development evolve. Influence product & technology strategy & direction, & product/user experience
- Define success metrics & SLAs on the key products & services
- Work closely with business analysts, & engineers to facilitate & guide the product development process
- Work with operation & engineering teams to develop & roll out operational support models for the Data Platform's products & services.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing & ensure requirements were understood & implemented as requested
- Closely interact & partner with business & technology teams globally
- Drive Data Platform internal & external on data platform strategy & roadmap
- BA/BSdegree is required. Concentration in Computer Science or arelated technical discipline.
- 5+ years of technical product management with a focus on data privacy
- Experiencedemonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation & accountability
- Strongtechnical experience in the above listed technical areas
- In-depth knowledge of the state of art industry development & open source projects in the relatedareas
- Proactive, can do attitude, self-driven, creative problem solver
- Passionfor the product you own, its impactand continuous improvements
- Strongproduct management experience
- Exceptionalcollaboration & partnership skills with the ability to work in a globalenvironment & drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstratedinterpersonal skills to interface well with clients & partners at alllevels
- Outstandingcommunications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-levelexecutives, product, & technical stakeholders
- Strongcustomer engagement & relationship management skills
- Fastlearner on both technical side & business side
- Morethan comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategicthinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawlessexecution
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.