The Product team at Squarespace is looking for a Director of Product, Web Presence to create & work on a vision encompassing a broad swath of the product organization, including our award-winning publishing platform, Squarespaces primary product, our mobile apps, & interface architecture platforms - all of which empowers people with creative ideas to succeed.
As the Director of Product, Web Presence, youll develop high-level product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, & group operations to ensure we build an engaged product organization that ships great products. Youll shape the direction of not only our existing products but also create new products to further differentiate Squarespace & strengthen our position in the market.
You are excited by creating business & customer impact. You have experience leading product teams that own complex products that improve adoption & paid user growth. You are in touch with the needs customers, & build products they love. You are excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, you have a product design sense, an understanding of the engineering requirements to achieve those outcomes & the motivation to iterate to build outstanding products; & youre focused on interpreting data & maximizing results.
- Partner closely with product, engineering, & design leadership to define product strategy for Squarespaces main product, a CMS platform that empowers millions of businesses world-wide
- Collaborate with engineering & design to ship new, impactful changes & ensure consistency across the Squarespace platform overall including preparing requirements documents & technical specifications, coordinating user research, & tracking progress across multiple workstreams
- Mentor & help set strategy for a team of product managers & coordinate with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve your goals
- Lead the hiring & development of a team of PMs to achieve our goals
- Partner with product marketing, customer operations, analytics, & strategy to further understand user needs & combine those needs into product strategy & roadmaps
- Build relationships throughout the organization by creating agreement on strategy, managing complex projects across multiple teams.
- Help shape processes & standards for product management at Squarespace
- 9 years of experience in product management, preferably in companies building marketing technology for small businesses, & at least 5 years experience managing product managers & diverse teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate product vision & inspire teams, & present to customers
- Leader with the ability to inspire & motivate a team & foster strong team culture
- Experience driving user growth & engagement of new product lines & finding product/market fit.
- Keen product intuition & UX design sensibilities, with an understanding of & empathy for users
- Deep curiosity, creative thinking, & a mindset of experimentation & learning
- Maximize efficiency in an evolving environment where the process is fluid & creative solutions are the norm
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.