AlphaSights provides global investment & business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries & geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, & corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative & quantitative market insights, industry expertise, & execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology & our global team of 800+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe.
Founded in 2008 by experienced entrepreneurs Max Cartellieri & Andrew Heath, AlphaSights has been profitable since 2010. The company consistently exceeds an industry average growth rate of 20% & is on track to continue driving above-average growth, in revenue & headcount, over the next five years. The company is regularly ranked amongst the fasting-growing companies in the world by publications such as the Sunday Times, FT & Crains New York. Learn more atalphasights.com.
AlphaSights has successfully upended the traditional expert network industry through its client-focused, bespoke search-led methodology & the innovative use of digital technology. A key component of this success was moving away from the pre-recruited database model epitomised by early entrants to the industry like GLG & towards a custom search-driven approach, whereby an AlphaSights Associate identifies & secures the most relevant expert(s) for the specific client need, whoever & wherever they may be, in near-real time. The central pillars on which this business model rests are (i) a scalable talent model to attract & retain outstanding client service professionals, & (ii) a proprietary technology platform that supports all workflows & tracks all communications end-to-end.
The company operates a highly values-driven culture & is comprised of a team of passionate professionals, strongly aligned behind the mission of connecting the worlds top professionals with the worlds best knowledge.
AlphaSights long-term vision is to become a lasting, meaningful global company. The key to achieving this vision will lie in continuously attracting, training, motivating & retaining outstanding talent; investing in technology, product & data to build an increasingly seamless knowledge delivery platform; & broadening its product & service spectrum so that AlphaSights becomes the go-to knowledge partner for more & more clients.
AlphaSights is a high-end professional services organisation. Our clients purchase a service offering that is custom-tailored by our Client Service Teams to fit their specific needs. While our service delivery processes are heavily technology-supported, clients value us for the brain work of value-added advisory & responsiveness.
The Marketing organisation at AlphaSights is comprised of four main functions:
- Brand & Communications
- Account Marketing
- Digital & Creative
- Client Led Innovation
Brand & Communications tell AlphaSights compelling story to our clients, prospects, advisors, candidates, & employees. A truly global team, operating out of New York, London & Hong Kong, Brand & Communications seamlessly weaves our narratives & successes into the internal fabric of the company, whilst opening those same stories up to the outside world & shining a light on everything that is AlphaSights.
Based in London or NYC, & reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Brand Design Director will be responsible for redefining the AlphaSights brand & design language, co-leading the redesign of the AlphaSights website from a UI, Design, Brand & VI perspective & building the multidisciplinary Brand & Communications function within the firm.
To succeed in your role, you will need to be a strategic, creative & commercially-minded leader who is well versed in brand & website design. You will need to showcase the AlphaSights brand to an excellent standard & ensure that creative ideas & executions support our business goals.
Once you have overseen the re-fresh of the brand & website, your responsibilities will shift towards the building & overseeing of a multidisciplinary team of programers, designers, writers & digital marketers working together to deliver a well thought through prospect/client/candidate/employee experience, across all internal & external touchpoints. You would be responsible for developing all brand campaigns & will collaborate on the development of product or client specific campaigns.
You will inherit a small team based in NYC & will be responsible for up-skilling them & growing the team globally.
- Lead the the AlphaSights rebrand
- Define a visual design language which will take the brand to the next level
- Tighten the current VI to improve standardisation of look & feel globally
- Oversee the roll-out of refreshed client/prospect & employee/candidate materials
- Co-lead the redesign of the website from a UI, Design, Brand & VI perspective
- Work with developers, creating wireframes & prototyping
- Build digital guidelines
- Build & lead a multidisciplinary team of programers, designers, writers, marketers responsible for the experience across all internal & external touchpoints
- Put in place scalable processes for the development & management of creative content
What We Look For
- Experienced Design professional, with 8+ years experience
- Experience in brand & website design (Incl. brand refreshes, wire-framing, prototyping, building digital guidelines)
- Proven UI experience, ideally has played UI lead role in the launch or re-launch of a website, confident working with developers
- Ability to think strategically & commercially
- Experienced in leading projects from start to finish
- Able to build & manage a multidisciplinary team (i.e. writers, programmers, designers, etc.)
- Experienced in managing internal stakeholders & external 3rd party partners
- A team player who is positive, hands on & able to get the best out of a team
- A proven track record of creating & editing content
- Drive & resilience to deliver excellence amidst tight timelines & changing circumstances
- Articulate visual & verbal communicator; fluency in English is essential
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced, high-growth environment with measurable deliverables & a focus on results
- The opportunity to define a visual design language
- The opportunity to have autonomy, ownership & accountability in your role
- The opportunity to build & lead a multidisciplinary team & sub-function within Marketing
- Predictable hours & very little travel required
- Opportunity for promotion from Director to VP
- Responsibilities of the role would evolve as the function grows & new needs are identified
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, & dental)
- Subsidised lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks