Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Business Data Analyst to join our Risk Adjustment team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role, you will assist in key operations for a core Oscar insurance function called Value Capture. Under the Value Capture umbrella exists Risk Adjustment & Quality which are the only operations that can affect Oscars bottom line after weve set premium rates. Youll build & refine workflows, tracking progress to meet critical CMS deadlines. Youll help manage data for health systems, vendor partners, & internal stakeholders. Youll identify inefficiencies & recommend tactical program improvements. This position requires you to be data & operationally savvy.
Your role will be focused on supporting core value capture operations. Youll work cross functionally with the Network, Data, Actuarial, & Population health teams on both medical record retrieval & member engagement. From analyzing provider data & abstracting patient information from a medical record to optimizing member outreach, youll be a key partner in delivering actionable insights.
You will report into the Senior Manager, Risk Adjustment.
- Youll build dashboards to monitor progress of Value Capture programs & escalate issues with key stakeholders.
- Youll design & operationalize member engagement campaigns & monitor their success
- Youll triage chart retrieval issues from vendors & build tools/workflows to assist in obtaining charts.
- Youll review current retrieval processes & audit procedures to get ready for Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV).
- Youll report on RA & Quality programs to other areas of the organization, both financial & operational in nature.
- Youll assist, on an ongoing basis, the development of policies & procedures for Value Capture programs under the Affordable Care Act & Medicare.
- Youll think creatively about whats possible for Value Capture programs & Oscars analytics & reporting tools/infrastructure.
- 2+ Years experience working in SQL
- BA/BS Degree
- Use data analysis to come up with creative solutions to complex problems & produce tangible results
- Enjoy experimenting & iterating on ways to solve a problem & building programs from the ground up
- Be able to put together a project plan & work throughout the company to hold teams accountable & drive results
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- Background in healthcare, tech or risk adjustment
- Knowledge of RA or Quality measures
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.