Company Description|Job Description
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network & is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value & information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, & government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop & offer credit, debit, prepaid & cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, & government entities with a secure, convenient, & reliable way to pay & be paid in more than 200 countries & territories.
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development & production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center & End User. Within this organization, the Legal, Risk & Compliance Information Technology team supports full life-cycle delivery & ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives for the business units, & the global employee community.
Learn about Visa's Corporate IT organization at careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
Doyou love organizing & managing technical programs? Building partnerships & relationships? Ensuring risks & changes are properly identified & managed? Are you exemplary at delivering executive-level communication? We are looking for you!
This senior role in Corporate IT provides strategic & tactical leadership of our Legal Risk Compliance (LRC) technology program at Visa. The ideal candidate will bring energy & enthusiasm to evolve our LR&C platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements & be forward thinking to identify opportunities that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards & being curiously creative. Responsibilities include communication, portfolio & program governance & reporting, & driving both operational excellence & innovation across multiple LR&C portfolio tracks & work teams.
- Establish & manage the portfolio front door process
- Lead for the portfolio the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) with business partners, delivery leads, Finance & Technology Planning & Business Office (TPBO)
- Lead capacity & demand exercises that translate into project sequencing, funding requests & workforce planning
- Responsible to insure financial forecasting (labor & professional fees) is completely timely & accurately, as well as following up on variances & resolving discrepancies
- Identify & track portfolio metrics, i.e. year in review story, keep us focused on making this happen, help making year-end Goals metrics gathering easier (where we share common metrics), etc.
- Review, edit, approve project manager documents such as Approval To Spend (ATS), project charters, review gates
- Publish weekly leadership team highlights for the portfolio
- Create & track total cost of ownership (TCO) & business case materials for new projects & initiatives
- Review project status materials & provide coaching & edits to project managers
- Attend weekly Corporate IT operations meetings to represent the portfolio
- Prepare all-hands meeting slides/materials for the portfolio
- Organize product demonstrations with portfolio delivery leads
- Contribute to a department newsletter with news & information specific to the portfolio
- Coordinate monthly and/or quarterly business reviews (MBR/QBR) with business partners and/or vendors
- Own contribution to department MBR
- On an as-needed basis & available capacity, provide back up support for project managers
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- BA/BS degree is required with preference for degrees in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. MS/MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in relevant leadership roles in technology planning, portfolio management, program management, business/systems analysis, technical product development & management, management consulting, software development, and/or technology strategy.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile/Lean development environment with strong preference for direct experience leading & supporting larger-scale, enterprise Agile implementations & transformations.
- 3+ years of experience directly involved in the development & management of products in payments, financial services, software development or related industries highly preferred. Demonstrated ability, interest, & motivation to understand product architecture, requirements, & dependencies.
- Solid understanding of the software/product development lifecycle (SDLC/PDLC) & program & project management techniques, methodologies & best practices.
- Strong process orientation & demonstrated ability to define & document new or improved
- product/program planning, product development, quality assurance, release management, & other processes & workflows.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, presentation, collaboration & teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in & influence change at all levels.
- Highly effective facilitation skills in both large & small group settings.
- Highly skilled in the creation of presentations, new reporting mechanisms & other documents. High attention to detail with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources & distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences including technology & business executives.
- One or more Agile or PMI certifications
- Good familiarity withproject management software tools & project management techniques
- Define the product roadmap, success metrics, SLA by partnering with other leaders in LR&C, keep it up to date & enforce
- Work closely with all stakeholders for scope & prioritization to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of & achieve high rating from customers
- Function as the systems subject matter expert (SME) for 2-3 distinct functional areas (i.e. Privacy Impact Assessment, Legal Billing, Records Management etc)
- Function as a product manager to explore, evaluate, recommend, & design new features & functionalities for applications implemented at Visa
- Participate in the architecture & integration of Legal & Compliance applications including design, testing, implementation
- Perform quality & user testing including test strategy documentation, test case preparation, test execution & test results documentation
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure seamless timely delivery of products
- Work with operation & engineering teams to ensure reliable operations & SLAs met or exceeded
- Analyze system & data failures to identify & implement operational excellence & control needs
- Ensure all processes are fully met in line with company guidelines & support, compliance reviews, testing & audits
- Maintain working knowledge of Legal & Compliance technology trends & best practices
- Develop, manage, & maintain positive relationships with business partners, vendors & consultants to address support & project activities
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position will require <5% travel
- This position will require the incumbent to work during core business hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.