As the Executive Assistant for the Chief Commercial Officer & Chief Product Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that these executives have the space & mindshare to focus on the highest priority work at any given time. This will include a balance of typical EA responsibilities -- managing schedules, making travel arrangements, screening correspondence, etc. -- in addition to higher-order work like handling highly sensitive information with diplomacy; representing the company at events as the trouble-shooter; always thinking one step ahead about what is going on, & taking on special projects. You will be in a highly visible position across the 1stdibs organization, & likely to interact with our dealers, the media, & members of the Board & executive team. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer & Chief Product Officer.
What youll do
- Ensure that the executive is where she needs to be when she needs to be there
- Proactively manage calendars for the executive, & for other team members, on occasion.
- Create detailed daily itineraries that represent the latest priorities (which are constantly shifting). Make sure the executive follows these itineraries in a timely manner.
- Arrange meetings, calls, events, & travel. Set & test everything out in advance to ensure a seamless experience.
- Make sure that the executive is up-to-date on her team-wide communications & internal responsibilities
- Screen, prioritize, & (when needed) respond to incoming correspondence with impeccable grammar & tone.
- Develop a system (e.g., email folders, prioritized color-coding) that enables the executive to focus her time on activities that only she can do.
- Perform admin tasks such as completing expense forms, proofreading, prepping meeting materials.
- Maintain an intuitive online filing system that enables quick information retrieval.
- Accurately represent the executives point of view when discussing matters with internal employees.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism & confidentiality when handling sensitive corporate or personnel matters.
- Collaborate with her team & fellow execs to make sure everyone is on the same page, & working towards the same goal(s).
- Prepare outlines and/or materials for meetings, board slides etc using programs like Office & GoogleDocs
- Manage external relationships
- Represent the company with poise & professionalism when interacting with internal/external persons.
- Be the point-person during internal & external company events, handling ad hoc issues as they arise.
- Handle calls with customers, vendors, etc. with diplomacy & patience.
- Coordinate with other support staff on company events, such as all hands or Directors meetings
- Handle special projects, as needed
- Handle personal scheduling & projects such as family doctors appointments, personal travel, kids school activities
Who youll bring
- 1-3 years of executive administrative experience, working for an extremely busy exec or execs
- Reliably stays on top of multiple, perpetually evolving projects with keen detail orientation
- Exhibits a contagious calm under pressure; exudes positivity
- Track record of success in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- Never misses a deadline or drops a ball
- Stays ahead of the problem, is proactive at following up
- Demonstrates executive-level written & verbal communication skills; poised when interfacing with execs/Board of Directors
- Possesses advanced MS Office, Google docs skills, particularly Excel & Powerpoint
- Proficient in Salesforce.com (a plus)
- Holds a bachelor's degree preferred
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.