The Databases Team is looking for an experienced & enthusiastic software engineer to help us build the future of data systems at Squarespace. We are on a mission to make our systems as reliable, hands-off, & self-service as possible. We need your help!
You will focus on our large & growing MongoDB clusters, & you will have lots of opportunity to learn & manage other stateful systems. The Databases Team owns relational databases, document databases, durable queues, & caches. You will report to an Engineering Manager on the team.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build automation & instrumentation around our MongoDB deployments
- Grow to take on additional stateful systems over time
- Help us build our data platform with the abstractions that allow our product engineers to move more quickly & safely
- Work with teammates, peers, & internal customers on solving diverse problems
- Promote best practices & help our engineers adopt them
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Care about our team's documentation & help us make it better
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our platform
- Operational experience with MongoDB & web applications
- Programming experience in Go & Python
- 3+ years experience managing distributed systems in *nix environments
- Experience with database design, caching, scalability, & network fundamentals
- experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.