WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
The BARK Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys & product design, product development, marketing, photography. We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny & innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs & their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously, & love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
As the Merchandising Assistant for Super Chewer, youre in charge of supporting our efforts to serve the right product, to the right dog, at the right moment. Youll work closely with our Director of Product Development to ensure were focused on the details in delivering differentiated value to all of our Super Chewer dogs. Youll also partner with the planning, sourcing, & retail teams to deliver ad hoc business reporting & presentations that track on historical performance as well as help drive future strategy.
Youre in charge of tracking customer needs, product performance & market trends, & making sure everyone on the team has access to the information they need to operate a thriving business.
- Report on KPIs & monthly goals for the physical Super Chewer product
- Create & communicate customer insight & market trend reports for the team
- Manage the Super Chewer product & packaging archive
- Track cross-functional product initiatives to make sure they go seamlessly from brief to launch
- Create & communicate regular product briefs for our photo, customer service team, retail, & creative teams
- Technical aptitude with spreadsheets & presentation decks. Photoshop skills a plus!
- Organization & effective time management: demonstrated ability to prioritize, keep focus, & deliver tasks on time in a creative environment.
- Diplomacy & collaboration: easily & effectively works with different teams.
- Communication: crisp, clear communication & ability to simply recap complex ideas.
- Empathy for the customer: always come from the customer POV first.
- Be bold: never shy away from a challenge or be afraid to try something new.
- Demonstrates being proactive.
- 1-3 years of experience in merchandising (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical thinking & experience generating reports
- A passion for process & operations
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Have a strong point of view while remaining flexible to all perspectives in the room
- LOVES dogs
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site in any of our BARK offices. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.