ABOUT BARK & BARK Bright:
BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
One of BARKs newest ventures, BARK Bright, is a single name that dogs & their people can trust across categories when making decisions about wellness. Their mission is simple- to make dogs happy by making it effortless for humans to support their dogs' health.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR :
As BARK Bright continues to grow, we are ready to add an Experience Manager to the team. XMs here at BARK are responsible for driving the product experience forward while also balancing the customer needs, business needs, & teams ability to execute.
The ideal candidate for this role will be dog obsessed entrepreneur, with a background in planning, product management & technology. Experience within animal health, behavior or veterinary practice is a huge plus!
XMs are responsible for the following core functions:
- Customer experience: XMs have a deep understanding of their customer, & a 360 degree view of the customer experience. They improve the customer experience across all functions, including:
- Working closely with with engineering to deliver the best online customer experience
- Working closely with growth marketing to accelerate the growth of the Bright Dental business across all channels
- Working closely with Happy to ensure customer feedback loop
- Working closely with channel leads & product development to create the best suitable product assortment for each channel. (Subscription, Marketplaces, Retail, Add-to-box)
- Working closely with the Product Development & Sourcing teams to continuously improve assortment based on customer insights
- Business health: XMs help drive the P&L, know how their business is performing against goals, & more importantly, they understand how missing or exceeding one goal impacts what they can do in other areas of the business.
- Team execution: XMs make sure all teams are focused on the right initiatives, & are executing as efficiently as possible against both our business & customer goals.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills & competencies:
- Data obsessed - Extremely comfortable interpreting/analyzing data, communicating results. Fluent in excel, periscope (or data app).
- Diplomat - Expert in managing a large group of stakeholders with potentially conflicting objectives.
- Proactive - Able to look around corners, communicate clearly, & take action without permission or much direction.
- Business savvy - Despite being a highly specialized health & wellness-focused role the candidate understands & appreciates the fundamentals of working cross functionally in a larger product organization
- Dog parent - has a deep first-hand understanding of life with a dog & how to create healthy life-improving / extending habits for dogs (and something that the humans will actually do. Example: Bright Dental vs. Brushing )