theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Community team at theSkimm is a small group of creative, collaborative, & fast-moving thinkers & operators who are constantly finding new ways to evolve & scale theSkimms most strategic asset - our community. Reporting to theSkimm's future Director of Community, as a Program Manager on the Community team, you'll be responsible for taking our existing & engaged community of Skimm'bassadors as we make strides to strategically grow, productize, & monetize this unique program & evolve theSkimm's broader community into the cornerstone of theSkimms membership.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- This position combines the skills of a product, marketing, & campaign manager - requiring a unique blend of skills & experience. You are supporting & nurturing a community that is self-protective & passionate, & will need someone who can see the enormous opportunity that presents.
- Create & maintain long-term roadmaps for Skimm'bassador community that align to theSkimm's larger roadmap & our continued membership growth across our growing universe of products & services.
- Lead community marketing & communications strategy, working cross-functionally to engage the community in company campaigns & partnerships.
- Report on key products & initiatives within the social community, liaising with internal teams to drive success.
- Oversee the Skimmbassador referral & rewards program
- Lead ideation & execution of beta tests & programming to engage the community & lay the groundwork for the success of new products, campaigns, & initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience managing & scaling a consumer facing product or community.
- Ability to thrive when faced with conflict, & in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional ability to be user-centric in a way that deepens community engagement & allows community members to build meaningful relationships with the brand & with one another.
- Passion for infusing your creativity into effective strategy that delivers results.
- Solution-first mindset, unafraid to challenge the status-quo.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, & the ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products & a strong understanding of our target demo
- Experience working in subscription-based membership programs
- Strategic mindset & understanding of how community impacts business strategy
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.