Location: New York, NY
Reports to: David Canavan
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the worlds leading corporations & financial institutions. Leveraging AI & NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news & trade journals, & equity research. Founded in 2011 & backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors & Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting & disseminating key performance indicators; & by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, analytical, high-potential professional to lead our technical financial reporting function & to help ensure timely & accurate reporting in the companys growth stage. You will report to the Director of Finance & will work closely with accounting managers as we build a world class financial reporting function.
Who You Are:
- A Subject Matter Expert: You have exceptional knowledge of accounting & tax principles, practices, US GAAP, & compliance. You have experience working in a public company or preparing a company for IPO readiness. Experience with PCAOB reporting is a requirement..
- Perfectionist & Curious Mentality: Data driven & detail orientated professional with a strong desire for precision in your work. You show curiosity & desire to figure out the correct way of doing things rather than a this is how we always do it mentality.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in fast-paced environments & proven ability to deal with new issues arising as the company grows.
- Collaborative: You possess a strong desire to collaborate with others & work cross-functionally
What Youll Do:
- Own GAAP compliance: Ensure all aspects of the companys financial statements are compliant with applicable US GAAP standards.
- Drive the companys internal controls to the level required of a public company
- Oversee the coordination, completion, & ensure compliance with technical accounting position memos
- Research technical accounting positions as & when required
- Work alongside Accounting Managers to create systems & processes that are set to scale
- Assist external auditors by facilitating their audit procedures
- Ad hoc accounting tasks & assistance with monthly close