About Our Company
M.M.LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed, so we celebrate the modern professional woman through our clothing, styling, & community. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, & beautiful, & we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished & powerful version of yourself. Our goal is to take the work out of dressing for workwhether that means heading to the office, networking over brunch, leading PTA meetings, or anything in between.
Who are we?
We're a group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. We get inspiration from our customers, & everything we design has a purpose & a human touch. We think big, but we sweat the details, & we take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. Were steady but nimble, thanks to a whip-smart, energetic team thats not afraid to be scrappy. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clotheswe own our mistakes, turn challenges into growth, & evolve as we learn. We embrace ambiguity, celebrate weird ideas, & love a work in progress. We are kind but direct, & we practice Kizukaia Japanese word that means empathy in action. We are incredibly proud of the team weve built, & were excited to continue evolving as we grow.
What will you do?
- Support CFO with forecast & budget preparation (including revenue, margin, expenses etc.)
- Maximize performance & continuous tracking of all risks & opportunities & support in conducting scenario analysis
- Partner with CFO & business stakeholders on ad hoc strategic & financial analysis
- Partner with Accounting team on month-end close process
- Review & distribute monthly departmental results to key stakeholders
- Partner with CFO to prepare monthly investor KPI reporting
- Create & maintain monthly Order Economics reporting
- Develop slides & give weekly business update in the Company meetings
What skills do you have?
- Bachelors degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in FP&A or financial analysis within an operating business; retail or other consumer-facing vertical is preferred
- Solid understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and strong working knowledge of accounting
- Expert Excel & PowerPoint skills; Netsuite & Looker experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data & presenting conclusions & recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust & gaining support across the organization
- Direct, honest, & supportive in communications & takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability, & relevance of your work
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, & can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
COVID 19 Requirements
- Our corporate office is located in lower Manhattan, but to prevent the spread of Covid-19, most of our positions are currently remote.
Effective September 13, 2021, all employees, guests, & customers entering M.M.LaFleur facilities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Employees unable to receive the vaccine due to medical conditions or sincere religious beliefs may apply for exemption from this policy through reasonable accommodation. The company will evaluate those requests consistent with its legal obligations.