Streamroot: Building the video delivery of tomorrow
With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences & cut bandwidth costs by up to 70%. Market leaders in both Europe & the US, Streamroot powers over 500 million video sessions every month. Our growing customer base includes premier media groups including TF1, M6, Canal+, Dailymotion, Eurosport & RTVE.
Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot is backed by renowned VC firms & now has offices in New York, Paris & Denver. Its 30 talented employees hail from 16 countries.
As a Scalability & Reliability Engineer, you will join our technical team to operate & scale the backend of our peer-to-peer & multi-CDN products, as well as our data analytics platform. Today, we have multiple Kubernetes clusters with dozens of nodes in production spread over multiple availability zones in the Cloud & on bare metal servers. At peak, we support millions of concurrent connections & tens of thousands of requests per second, & our goal is to triple this number in the next three years.
We are looking for a performance-oriented engineer who can balance the risks of unavailability of the services with the goal of rapid innovation. You will work on cross-team projects & collaborate closely with our client-side teams to build the most efficient & robust peer-to-peer video delivery solution on the market. Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, professional development & accountability. And last but not least, youll enjoy frequent trips & team events.
- Build a scalable & available infrastructure able to support millions of real-time concurrent connections to our servers, as well as tens of thousands of new connections per second.
- Work with our data engineers to scale our big data analytics platform (Kafka, Flink, Druid, Hadoop).
- Manage & maintain our server fleet containing dozens of instances.
- Continuously improve our server performances & CI/CD.
- Automate our build deployment processes with tools such as Ansible.
- Work in a challenging & fulfilling technical environment with constant support & mentoring, code reviews & unit testing.
If you are interested in learning more about our scaling journey over the past few months & you wish to dig more into the technical details, have a look at some of our recent talks & blog posts: