Bonobos is seeking an Accounting Managerto lead the team in critical analyses of financial activities as well as manage the timely & accurate financial reporting & close processes.
As ourAccounting Manager, you'll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You'll do everything from managing our financial close process & reviewing monthly GL reconciliations to supporting the business in various requests. You'll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records & performing financial analysis.
Reporting to ourController, you will partner with the Accounting & Finance teams on accounting treatments & process relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements & be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all lanes & business functions. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements & overall operational performance. We're looking for a critical thinker & problem solver who can help our team get to the next level.
You will also liaise across the entire business withfrequent collaboration on any accounting issues, controls or compliance process decisions necessary to have all teams working effectively & in compliance with all internal control initiatives.
What you'll do...
- Manage the daily operations of reporting in the Accounting department as well as the financial statement close process, including reviewing journal entries & account reconciliations
- Assist & coach various members of the team over all accounting areas
- Partner with Finance, Marketing, Operations & others to bring maximum value to the business while ensuring accurate financial reporting
- Provide proactive analysis to identify issues & understand fluctuations in balances & provide meaningful analysis to stakeholders
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting & reporting functions, as well as supporting systems, & to ensure quality of data
- Work with the Accounting team & other key areas of the business to develop optimal procedures & best practices & support internal control documentation of these processes
- Be the liaison between Bonobos & Walmart; working with the various contacts to ensure requests are completed appropriately & all reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain reporting of GL balances by business channel & assist in the regular forecasting process.
- Review & support all financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field
- Have 5-7 years of accounting experience including some public accounting experience, preferably working with public companies
- Have a CPA & Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Are experienced in GAAP, SEC reporting & Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Showcase strong financial & technical accounting knowledge with experience researching technical guidance. Specific experience in new Leasing & Rev Rec guidance a plus
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce & retail
- Thrive in a fast paced environment & are excited to provide support to other lanes through various ad hoc financial requests & special projects
- Have experience coaching a team & reviewing work
- Will own various monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries & account reconciliations
- Are proficient in Excel & ERP systems, preferably with strong experience in NetSuite or similar ERP. Experience with implementing new ERP system is a strong plus
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn & a positive attitude
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun & awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you