CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, & face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
Were looking for an exceptional leader to drive expansion of the CLEAR identity network to all aspects of physical access.
The GM, Physical Access will act like a founder, taking ownership for the creation, development, and, ultimately, success of an entirely new business vertical at CLEAR focused on delivering a more secure physical environment via frictionless experiences for those who interact with them every day.
Reporting to the EVP, New Verticals, you will build our physical access business from the ground up by:
- Thinking like a product manager: becoming an (even deeper) expert in the field, developing theses, soliciting constant customer feedback & ultimately ensuring were building the right it.
- Acting like a business owner: understanding the market, developing business models & financial plans that you will be charged with delivering, to build a business that is scalable with a clear line of site to revenue & profitability.
- Delivering results: owning both business strategy & execution, never thinking any task is too small or too large when youre starting something from scratch, while hiring & leading a world-class team to bring your plan to fruition.
This role is crucial to CLEAR success, & youll partner with leaders across our organization to develop solutions for new customer segments, but potentially also for our existing ones: airports, sports & healthcare.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of professional experience as a general manager (with a product mindset), product manager (with business acumen), or founder, having built new products or services successfully from concept to scale
- Deep familiarity & expertise in real estate technology & innovation; landlord relationships a plus.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment where results matter & ruthless prioritization is key to achieving results.
- Financial dexterity with a track record of building & iterating new business models & revenue opportunities.
- Structured, organized, & extremely detail-orientated, with a keen self-awareness to understand you dont have all the answers.
- Research & first principles-orientated with an eye for great human-centered problem solving, with an ability to quickly grasp technical concepts & make product trade-offs (some technical background a plus)
- Constantly seek out feedback on how to make your products better - from your customers, internal teams (sales, customer success), evaluating quantitative internal metrics & data, & more
- Cultivate a supportive culture where team members can do their best work. Promote ownership & accountability, great communication, learning & teaching, good decision making, & constantly raise the bar for your teammates & the company
- Youre someone who biases towards action & wants to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you own your decisions & measure their outcomes
- An open & effective communicator, which includes being a great listener & observer as well as a great deliverer of your message. Youre always working in partnership with your teammates & other teams, & know how to use customer feedback to improve your products