Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who we're looking for:
Your passion for design leads you to creating fresh new concepts that can change an industry. Youre insatiably curious, & you take the initiative to find solutions to obvious & hidden problems. The status quo is not sufficient, & you are constantly looking for new ways to improve your designs & a users experience, & you expect the people around you to do the same. Designers on our Player Experience team design the features & framework for the SDK that developers use to create games powered by Skillz
What You'll Do:
- Work end-to-end, tackling complex user needs from sketching to low & high fidelity prototypes
- Own feature designs for our player-facing mobile game platform
- Show, dont tell. Create rich prototypes that sell your ideas.
- Align across all stakeholders to quickly create & ship compelling solutions to challenging problems.
- Gain a deep understanding of our target users through observations, research, & analytics so that you can champion their needs
- Be the champion of our target users by deeply understanding their needs through observations, research, & analytics
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, & other designers to incorporate feedback & uncover compelling design solutions
- Think about design as a system, contributing to & maintaining our pattern library in order to influence quality & efficiency for all our teams & products
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Product Designer
- 3+ years experience designing for mobile. Systems & mobile gaming experience preferred.
- Portfolio that demonstrates solid understanding of visual & motion design.
- Portfolio that showcases sound product thinking & strong design rationale through navigation, user flows, interaction design, & information architecture
- Ability to manage deadlines & collaborate in a cross functional environment
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.