About the team
Harrys Services Team builds & maintains a suite of solutions that can power eCommerce sites for multiple brands in multiple regions. We are a small, autonomous team with grand ambitions. We make decisions empirically & we choose the right solutions for the job.
About the role
As a senior software engineer you will be deeply involved with all of our most important projects. From building new microservices to evaluating new technologies. Youll work with other engineers to identify problems, develop solutions, & write code that is effective, maintainable, performant, & reliable.
What you will accomplish
- You will contribute code & documentation to services projects. You will test your own work & that of others. You will identify edge cases & manage them gracefully.
- You will swiftly & intelligently respond to issues as they arise. Identifying the best course of action over both the short term & long.
- You will suggest improvements to our stack that reduce complexity, increase consistency, & improve performance.
This should describe you
- You have professional experience with Scala or Java. Youve worked with microservices. You have an understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Youre a problem solver, someone who is sought to help break down problems & brainstorm solutions to the trickiest of problems
- Youre someone that shares their technical expertise & knowledge with all stakeholders in an effort to elevate everyones work & development
- Youre humble. You accept all feedback with grace, internalize it & take the appropriate steps to move forward & take action
- Youre someone who we can always count on to be 100% reliable. You always go above & beyond our expectations & deliver your work in a timely fashion
- You foster a sense of community by proactively welcoming new talent, new perspectives, & new ideas in their day-to-day & cross-functional work
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manger, Services
- Working on the Services Team
- Working with Services Engineers, Product Management, Data Engineering, & Web Engineering
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.