Over half a billion videos are watched across millions of websites on a JW Player video player every day. Our product teams leverage data coming from our player to measure success, prioritize our next steps, & envision new possibilities for the thousands of video publishers we serve daily across the web. We iterate quickly, conduct frequent experiments as part of product development, & seek to be data driven in everything we do.
As a Product Analyst on the JW Player Data Science & Product Analytics team, you will work closely with product managers, engineers, & data scientists to develop insights that inform product decisions & strategy. Your findings will impact the next generation of JW Player products, from our flagship video player & video platform to our video recommendations service & other data products. Youll play a critical role in improving these products & guiding our future development efforts.
As a Product Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with Product Managers to answer key questions about a variety of JW Player products for video publishers & advertisers
- Use data to drive decision making & inform product development priorities
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Science team on R&D
- Evaluate & define metrics for product performance & adoption
- Democratize data by building & sharing tools & dashboards
- Envision & define requirements for new data sources
- Plan, execute, & analyze controlled experiments
Were excited about candidates who have:
- 2+ years industry experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or a related role
- A degree in an analytical field such as (but not limited to!) statistics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, psychology, engineering, economics
- SQL fluency
- Experience analyzing large datasets & using data visualization tools
- Good organization skills, ability to lead multidisciplinary projects
- Strong communication skills & the ability to explain complex information to non-technical audiences
- Strong business knowledge
- Advanced degree
- Experience with Python or R for data analysis and/or modeling
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, machine learning
- Knowledge of video, video advertising
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with Looker
- Experience engineering analytics pipelines
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
About Our Benefits
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Biannual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.