Location: Seattle, WA or West Coast with travel
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance, & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real-time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced operational leader with a proven ability to drive strategic initiatives that align with business objectives. You have a passion for leading, motivating, & growing high-performing teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You know how to develop & communicate a sense of core purpose with your teams, inspiring & empowering them to achieve their maximum potential.
You're a problem solver by nature. You're organizationally savvy & agile, & can get things done through both formal & informal channels. You recognize where strategic opportunities exist for change, bring creative solutions to the table, & anticipate future consequences before they happen.
- Strong leader than can manage, motivate, & develop an office of 30+ focused on training our AI models that detect breaking information for our three product verticals: Public Sector, Corporate Risk, & News
- Prior experience leading an office or large team preferred
- Ability to lead & develop managers of managers who can communicate company priorities, shifts in strategy, & new initiatives that directly impact the teams daily operations
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, & training of the team with your leaders & Talent Acquisition
- Closely monitor & analyze reports, metrics, & SOPs ensuring high-quality work product
- Lead highly visible, strategic initiatives across teams addressing critical opportunities or issues
- Partner with senior leadership & cross-functional team leads to develop & implement strategies to achieve organizational KPIs & goals
- Work closely with our product & engineering team to make improvements on internal product features that increase efficiency & help us serve our customers
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 8-10+ years of progressive leadership experience with a background in business operations, operations strategy or management consulting
- Commercially savvy with experience managing large scale, multidisciplinary teams
- Superior communication, presentation, & interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & scaled-operations capabilities
- Ability to recruit, motivate & develop teams to reach their full potential
- Excellent ability to make decisions & resolve problems quickly & effectively
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage smooth workflows
- Drive to develop new approaches which further improve operational effectiveness for teams
- Intellectually curious with a life-long passion for learning
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company-paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.