Appian is the market leader in Enterprise Low-Code Automation. We are also consistently ranked on the Washington Posts Top Workplaces. These two are intertwined - bright & happy hires are what make Appian an exceptional company. We care for each other & the entire company is on a mission to revolutionize the industry.
What you'll bring
Are you a hands on technologist? Are you interested in building world-class troubleshooting systems? Do you want to use the latest cloud computing technologies & learn about modern software architecture? Will you excel at not only solving complex technical problems, but also at communicating solutions clearly & effectively?
If so, you could be exactly who we are looking for! We are a group of passionate engineers with a strong belief that world-class support is critical to customer success.
What you'll do
Each day will be unique & filled with exciting challenges, but on a typical day you will:
- Learn & use the latest technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions to our customers
- Collaborate with various teams & subject matter experts to help reproduce & resolve customer issues
- Drive customer communication during critical incidents
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple technologies like VPNs, databases, authentication, etc
- Leverage your contact with customers to capture feedback with how Appian can improve
- Write tutorials & other technical articles for both Appian Customers & Appian Employees
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes & our customers technical support experience
- Develop 24/7 systems that are leveraged globally to monitor, prevent, & respond to our customers cloud issues
Why Appian Support?
- We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- We are growing, & with growth comes opportunity
- 2+ years in a technology focused role
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with networking fundamentals like VPNs, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Willing & able to provide after hours support (rotation every 12 or so weeks)
- 2+ years in a customer facing technology role
- Certifications: AWS Associate Solution Architect, CCENT or CCNA
- Advanced analysis of packet capture (Wireshark, tcpdumps etc)
- Knowledge of Containerization solutions (Kubernetes & Docker)
- Familiarity with Database concepts (tables, views, ERDs, etc)
- Experience with Appian development
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.