As a Senior Build Engineer, you will be the first hire fully dedicated to owning the automation & optimization of build, test, integration, & release processes for the Voice AI technologies powering the Houndify platform. We deploy Cloud-based services at scale & also offer embedded solutions. Your focus on the build systems will be at the center of all the action.
This position is ideal for someone who is excited about solving challenging technical problems related to build & release systems. You will be joining a deeply technical culture where our management team values the engineering mindset you bring.
What you will be doing:
- Configure, maintain, & extensively build upon deployments of industry-standard tools (Jenkins, CMake, Jira, etc)
- Design & deliver tools & processes that increase efficiency, maintainability, & stability of development process
- Drive core technical decisions around standardization of build systems & developer workflow
- Ensure builds & deployments run smoothly, working appropriately with codebase owners to debug any problems
What you bring:
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent experience
- Extensive track record (multiple years) of managing builds/release systems at scale
- Deep knowledge of standard tools & scripting languages (python, bash, or perl), & ability to adopt the right mix of supplemental customizations
- Ability to work in a highly self-directed fashion, analyzing current state of systems, generating a plan, & then taking action without always waiting for explicit guidance
Nice to haves:
- Deep C++ experience
- Prior start-up experience
- Experience mentoring other engineers & advocating for best practices
- Exposure to audio, speech, mobile, & related technologies
At SoundHound, we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, were trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed & accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Were making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app & Hound voice assistant & through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, & Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists & linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, & a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.