Director of Digital & Radio Content
Townsquare Media has an immediate opening for a Director of Content in one of our radio markets. This position is not located in Albany & would require relocation to one of our Northeast markets. Youll lead our local content team, developing & executing a strategy to produce the best local content, on-air, online, & on site. We have great brands & a team of talent that youll lead to market-leading performance.
Youll develop your teams individual talents to help them engage audiences on multiple platforms, performing on-air, & writing on website & socials. Youll also be a local content creator, write & create clickable, sharable local content on our great online platforms.And youll work creatively & collaboratively with your on air, online, production & sales teams, & with our advertising partners. Youll receive excellent training in both on-air & digital content creation. Competitive salary & immediate bonus opportunity.All the benefits: health, dental, 401k, etc. Put yourself in the picture with the multi-platform team that started it allTownsquare!
- Clear vision for the future of local content, a strong desire to win & the confidence to manage a strong, staff
- Leadership & ownership of our experienced teams & strong local brands in the local market; on-air, online, & onsite
- Expertise with content creation & curation
- Ability to develop market leading talent & create a positive culture where employees are engaged, especially when you cant be in both markets simultaneously.
- Creating tribes that actively engage their audience on-air, online, & onsite
- Expertise building programming clocks, music sequencing, & fundamentals of strategy & tactics designed to increase station time, time spent listening, & occasions
- Sound design & audio architecture writing creative, impactful audio elements for station imaging & client commercials & updating to keep fresh
- Extremely creative in the development of unique content & multi-media strategies, & ways to publish in an omni-channel company.
- Work with sales team to provide solutions to clients & create monetizable programs, sponsorships, & events
- Attend other programming/sales meetings as requested
- Total responsibility for the overall sound of all stations
- Knowledge of multiple formats
- Experience in winning in a competitive landscape
- Creation & implementation of multi-purpose ideas that grow ratings, digital audience, & revenue
- Learn the Townsquare content publishing, social media procedures & help your team implement them to grow on-air, online, & on-site attendance
- Inspire others to strive for excellence beyond their limitations
- Able to do a co-hosted show, voice track or go live on one or more Townsquare radio stations when needed, vacation relief, sick days or in case of emergency, etc.
- Track record of maximizing endorsement revenue & opportunities for talent.
- Demonstrated success as a leader
- Strategic thinker & attentive to the trends in the business.
- Strong judgment
- 3+ Years of management experience
- Strong writing & communications skills
- On-air programming experience
- Familiarity with a wide variety of digital assets
- Strong business acumen
- Desire to win
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
- And much more
Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions & radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing web sites, search engine optimization, social platforms & online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand & data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with corresponding local news & entertainment websites & apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, and NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.