As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The People & Culture (P&C) Generalist will support three main departments: Vox Media Studios (VMS), Podcasting, & Epic. This person will report to the Sr. P&C Business Partner for VMS.
What youll do:
- Manage onboarding & off-boarding for a high-volume population of contingent & temporary, project-based production, in collaboration with partners in IT, Media & Production Technologies, & Office Operations
- Work with P&C Business Partner team, Compensation, Payroll, & HRIS teams to process changes to employee records
- Act as liaison between P&C & IT to ensure smooth execution of employment events (e.g. new hires, terminations, promotions, etc.)
- Administer People & Culture initiatives, in coordination with the Sr. Business Partner, VMS, including Talent development, Employee engagement, & Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Advise management on general employee relations & performance issues, escalating to the Sr. Business Partner, VMS as necessary
- Liaise with our payroll & benefits provider on wage, benefits, & record-keeping
- Advise on general queries related to Company policies & procedures
- Organize & supervise the maintenance of employee records, ensuring complete accuracy & confidentiality
- Perform I-9 employment verification & track background screening results; complete verifications of employment
- Enter open positions within Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System for open roles
- Ensure compliance with US & international employment laws
What youll bring:
- A strong desire to work for Vox Media & a passion for Film, Media, & Television
- Commitment to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace
- Track record of progressively-responsible work experience in an HR-related role, preferably within a high growth organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience supporting a remote workforce
- Strong ability to adapt to frequent change & manage competing demands
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & independently
- Strong communication skills & the ability to interact effectively with line employees & people managers
- High level of integrity, discretion, & judgment, & ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Bonus points for:
- Experience supporting Film/TV production teams
- Professional HR certification (eg, PHR, SCHRM-CP)
- Familiarity with Ultipro HRIS; Greenhouse ATS
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.