Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
Building our internal culture & communications is a critical lever to pull as we enter the next phase of Betters growth. Were looking for a communications leader to own all internal communications for a organization of 400+ people we expect to double in the coming year. You will craft a strategy for tone, channels, content, & distribution methods to ensure that our growing team across four offices is informed, motivated, & excited to continue our mission of making home ownership so simple its magical.
This position will work closely with Betters senior executive teams to ensure that our internal initiatives are aligned with business objectives across our core & emerging business units. You will also partner with our people organization to build strategies for developing a culture that attracts & retains top talent. Finally, you will be responsible for helping key senior executives develop their voice & leadership approaches within the organization globally.
This person will be part of a high-performing marketing & communications team in a fast-paced environment & will interact with people of all levels across all departments, including significant interaction with our CEO.
- Partner with executive & management teams to identify opportunities & goals for internal communications program across all offices.
- Work with Brand & People Operations teams to develop internal corporate mission & values materials that inspire & motivate our teams while building a culture of passion & performance.
- Develop Betters internal communications program across all potential channels including emails, all hands, internal newsletters, & all other potential communications vehicles.
- Oversee development of content for all global internal communications including presentations, emails, reports, video content, etc, partnering with our internal studio & other experts as necessary.
- Help individual offices & functional teams develop their own internal communication vehicles & cadences, & regularly review those communications for consistency with global goals & tone.
- Partner with People Operations team on programs & communication channels to build culture & drive retention.
- Partner with individual executives to craft & execute their communications to the organization & potentially external parties as necessary.
- Bachelor's' Degree
- 5+ years of communications experience, agency or in-house, including internal communications
- Deep understanding of product & corporate communication
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail & organizational abilities
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We get it done.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.